Thursday, October 22, 2009

The great soda stop

I'm not an addictive personality, that's just not me or my husband. However there was one thing that had a hold on us. Soda, Pop, Coke, whatever you want to call it. That High fructose cornsyrup concoction with enough acid to dissolve nails not to mention teeth. We both finally got so fed up with it we have quit. Now this is not my first attempt at quitting what I call "cokes". Where I'm from (KY) that is the catch all name for any kind of soda. Jeremy would laugh when he lived there in college that it was the only place on earth that you could ask for a coke with a meal and you would get asked "what kind"? In my other attemps to quit, my dear hubby would also make a token effort around me to quit, but would continue drinking them when away from me, shamey, shamey. But this time is different, he actually intitated this strike and I followed suit a week later. You know me, I have to do things in my own way and my own time! But it's been about three weeks without a "coke". With one small exception! I was at work, after a full day out in the field I had drank all my water. The office water supply was under a boil order so the only available drink was some pop in the fridge, and I was thirsting, so I drank one. But really, it didn't taste all that good to me, after a week of none. And I haven't really even been craving them. I think this time is for good! I'll keep you up to date on how we are doing. I feel really good about it.

No comments: