Sunday, October 25, 2009

New beginnings

Every year for the past 4? years we have had a fall/Halloween party on this weekend. Our park has a haunted trail on the same night so we do the party then the kids get in their costumes and head down to the trail. It's always a fun day and night.

Last year at the end of the night my mother in law Debbie and I were setting out by the fire when my husband came out of the house with the phone telling me it was my dad. I knew the news would not be good, it was past 11 and my dad wouldn't call that late to chat. He told me my 93 year old Granny had died, it was a happy and sad moment. I knew she was at home in peace and could see all the ones that had went on before, but also knew we would all miss her tremendously down here. So last night was 1 year since my Granny's death. It was about the same time that my dad had called last year, we were still visiting with friends when our phone rang. It was Jeremy's sister calling to tell us she was on the way to the hospital to have the baby. I don't really believe in coincidences. I think EVERYTHING has a meaning, it's just weather or not we are present enough to see it. I see that there are no endings without new beginnings, no death without life. Life just keeps renewing itself, Love never ends. Thank you God for the message! Now, I can't wait to find out what this baby is!

No comments: