Friday, March 12, 2010

Braydog turns 4

My boy, formerly known as Brayden, who has changed his name to Braydog, turned 4 today.
As I said in my previous post we kept in low-key, with just our immediate family, which turned out to be a good thing since I spent most of the day with both of the kids at the Dr's, then running to get some medicine for Brenna. Not the most exciting thing to do for your birthday. Thankfully one of our birthday traditions is a birthday week. This takes a lot of pressure off of this one little day in the scope of a year. We try to do a little something special for either the week before or after their birthdays. We will do the week after since they've both been sick this week. We try to have several fun outings, favorite foods and other "special treatment". We also like to do an annual viewing of their baby videos, they usually like that a lot. We also make a paper birthday hat for them to wear around and "show off" for their big day. (Forgot to get a pic of that!
Forget the spoon, dig in!!


Brayden's very favorite book is Go, Dog, Go by P.D. Eastman. So when I saw Big Dogs Little Dogs by P.D. Eastman, I knew it would be a hit with my little man.

I've talked in the past about buying too much plastic junk. Yes this is plastic, but it's from 100% recycled milk jugs and made in the USA and to top it all off, it's a recycling truck!! This one is from Green Toys. As you can see he liked it!




Here are Brenna & Brayden helping Dad put the finishing touches on Brayden's bookshelf.

As you can see it turned out wonderful. It is made from ash that Jeremy's parents brought to us from when they owned a sawmill. Thanks Dewey and Happ! Furniture quality wood ain't cheap!

So although it was a somewhat typical day for us it was a very heartfelt occasion, at least for myself. I am not a "crier" but man, I have been misty today. My baby boy, our last child, is growing up. The times in which he will beg to hold my hand, kiss me on the lips and hug me with all he has are ticking away. My little girl has already begun to resist the lip kisses, although I sometimes force myself on her! Man, this parenting thing does things to the heart that no one but God can understand and explain. Brayden, I hope you enjoyed your birthday although you didn't feel the best! I "lub" you B & B!




No comments: