Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Just not feeling "write"

I know I haven't blogged in awhile. Haven't really felt like it since I came down with this nasty upper and lower respiratory cold last week, in the middle of sugaring. Now I believe it has turned into a sinus infection. Yummy! So I reluctantly will go to the Dr. tomorrow because I don't want to spend the weekend in more misery. And because I can't stand waking up in the middle of the night with sandpaper tounge because I can't close my mouth in order to breathe!!

Last week was busy hauling & boiling sap. The trees dried up only 6 days after we tapped. I guess we waited a little too late. I think we still did well on the syrup I haven't tallied how much we got but I'm guessing a little over a gallon. We gathered about 56 gallons of sap. Last year we estimated that we gathered 90, but we tapped way earlier last year. It's kind of a bittersweet thing when the sap stops running. I was sad that we won't get anymore sweet, although I was getting quite bitter about how damn much work it was!

The garden has been tilled once and we are waiting for things to dry up and we will plant peas and lettuce!! It was georgeous here today, in the 70's!!, I had forgotten how great that feels. So I was also able to clean out my flower beds a bit. No pics today, I'm keeping it short, takes years to upload pics on the wonderful dial-up. (Which may soon be a thing of the past, I hope!) Spring really seems to be here, the Sandhill Cranes are migrating north and the spring peepers are singing. Always glad for the change in seasons!

Happy Spring to you all!

No comments: