Friday, April 30, 2010

Pals...for now

Picture by Brook Reiman, October 2009
My kids are getting along very well right now. Right now. I know this blissful period of minimal fighting will not last, they never do, but I am enjoying it greatly. They are playing together for hours and acting out these pretty elaborate scenarios ranging from movie themes to restaurant, hunting (thanks Dad), and circus and of course, doggies. The hunting thing is cracking me up, as you probably know, my hubby is a big hunter. Brenna is a super Daddy's girl and wants to do everything Daddy does. So of course she was thrilled when my parents got her a hunting play set from Rural King for Christmas. So lately they have been playing that a lot. Brayden is constantly saying "chick chick BOOM" when he pretends to shoot. At one point they were shooting play people and I said, "Remember, we only kill things we are going to eat." Now my kids have become fantasy cannibals.

In the past few weeks I have found that I am able to get everything done that I need to do and have spare time to relax, read or whatever. BLISS!! Hopefully this continues all spring and summer!

No comments: