Friday, August 27, 2010

Creations

One of my goals for the new year was to be more crafty / creative. I don't really think of myself as creative at all. Creative is when you have an original idea and then create it, I don't do that, I copy everyone else's ideas! Anyhoo, here are a few of the things I have made this summer.


Brenna's quilted lunch bag, she wanted flames and skulls, we compromised on pirates.

Sandwich and snack bags for her lunch.


Car seat cover for my newest niece Natalie.

I'm learning to embroider, mostly so I can personalize items I make.

My first attempt at wood burning a gourd. It may look like a 3rd grader did it, but it was fun!

"Brenna's Room" banner.
Other projects I am looking forward to doing is making Brenna a messenger bag for school. It will be red and blue and have a guitar appliqued on the outside and maybe her name too. Also I've got to start working on Christmas gifts. When you make most of them then you need to start way early! Happy crafting!

No comments: