Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sing it!! "School's Out for the Summer!"

School's out FOREVER!!! Well, I'm sure some days it will feel like forever.  Actually they have already been up for 2 hours and they seem like very long hours, but in a great way!  To celebrate having my girl being home for the summer I prepared, very frugally, a "Summer Fun" basket.  I filled it with things like bubbles, cheap badminton set, a jump rope (can't believe we didn't have one already!) water color paints and brushes, sidewalk chalk, ice cream cones and Magic Shell, and tracing paper. 
Summer Fun Basket
We wrote "School's Out" with blueberries.
Brenna, cupcake in hand at 8am (I'm not a horrible mother, she'd already had her oatmeal!).  She'd lined up her chalks in a circle to have a "funeral" for the broken one in the middle! 

3 comments:

Brook said...

I love the basket idea. So fun! But that poor, unfortunate chalk!

Gene and Annie said...

So cute!! What a great idea!!

Songbird Cabin said...

Such a great idea. I love the chalk funeral--so cute.