Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Front Flower garden progession

We have lived here now for 7.5 months and I am pleased with the progress we have made on the flower gardens.  There was nothing, nada, zip, zilch for flower gardens when we arrived.  In fact the front bed had been filled in with hard pan clay and coverd with plastic and rock to insure nothing grew.  In the back there is a nice deck but it too was bare.  You know me, that wasn't gonna fly.  If a house is to be a home to me it needs landscaping.   So I'll share the progression of pictures for the front garden.  Let me know what you think! 

Right after the thaw this spring
After I removed the rock and plastic.  I was super excited until I stuck my shovel in.  Uggg hard clay.
In order to grown anything we needed to remove the clay and add some top soil.  There was also a big concrete pad that the tv antenne formerly stood on.  See square in soil on bottom right. 
They were surprisingly able to remove the HUGE concrete chunk.  Here is after the new soil was put in.  Kids havin' a good ole' time playing in it!
Then  the hubby got me a huge rock for my landscaping!  My favorite anniversary gift ever!! 
Rocks in place!  Ready for plants!
Plants in!!  Lots of Rhododendrons, azeleas, asters and sea trift.  Also gonna put in some tulips and crocus.  Got all the bushes for $5 or less.  End of season sales rock!!!
Notice our shutters!  Painted them and added the others that were not hung!  It's looking much better around here!  Back garden post to come!





No comments: