Monday, October 17, 2011

Summer Sewing Review

While this summer did consist of  A-LOT of canning for me, I was able to squeeze in a bit of sewing here and there.  So I thought I'd share it with you. 
Matching skirts I made for Brenna and I for a family event, picture taken at Jeremy's folks.
Little birdy I appliqued for my baby niece's 1st birthday.
Two tie shirts I've appliqued for my boy. Machine satin stitched around them.  He looks very handsome in these. Also made the same guitar tie for my nephew.
For some reason, unbeknownst to me, my child loves skulls and flames, so I indulged her.
Made a similar shirt for my niece.  I hand stitched around these.  My sewing machine skilz are not that awesome!!  

Knee repair on Brenna's jeans.  Found this idea on BlogHer.  Fun!
I know I made a few other things as well that I didn't document, another skirt for Brenna and a mushroom applique onesie for a friend's baby.  I really recommend keeping photographic records of your crafting with dates and details.   This is especially important if you craft for gifts, keeps you from making the same thing twice for the same person! 

No comments: