Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mama Elf is Furiously Sewing

A little Blueberry Lemonade Smirnoff and "The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" is helping the elf stay happy and productive.  Here are the workings for a little ABC soft book that I am using this tutorial to assemble it.

Putting the book together. 

I am IN LOVE with the quilting shop "Fabric & Friends" in Roanoke, IN.  It's only 10 miles from the house, they hold classes and have the largest inventory of fabric I've ever seen anywhere....puts the biggest Joann I've ever seen to shame.  So of course I've been there a lot lately, espcially for the beginning of the month sales where they have free lunch (It's delish!!)  I am currently most in love with the Dr. Suess and Sock Monkey fabrics.  These are for some more gifts!
Pants I whipped up for my nephew. 
Using this stinkin' adorable sock monkey flannel for pj pants for my kiddos.....LOVE!!
Enjoying my new Sufjan Stevens Christmas box set while sewing, keeps me in the spirit!! Completed both pairs of sock monkey pants yesterday!
6 of the 7 robes I've completed for my kids (nieces, nephews, and offspring).  I'm DONE with all the robes!!  They were actually very easy to put together.  Think I'm gonna make myself one after Christmas.

I have enjoyed my Christmas sewing more this year than ever.  I believe there are several reasons for this.  1- this year my machine isn't acting like satan and thus going to the repair shop during crafting season!!  My new machine is so much better---Thank you Aunt Linda!!  2- I have my very own crafting space, so now I don't have to move all my things out of the way 3 times a day at mealtime.  3-I think my sewing skills are improving, leading to much less frustration on my part. 

My friend questioned my sanity at the amount of sewing projects I had lined up for the holidays.  But I feel like I'm pretty on top of it at this point.  I still have some pillow cases to make out of the Cat in the Hat fabric, two soft books to complete and I'd like to make a few hats out of the extra fleece from the robes.  I'd also like to make my hubby some boxers, but may run out of time.... I tend to keep adding projects up until right at Christmas time! 

I'd love to hear what you are making!

3 comments:

Cozy in Texas said...

Great ideas for Christmas. Love the robes.
Ann

Brook said...

You are a MACHINE!

Jennifer said...

Actually my machine is a machine, I'm just the operator! ;^) But when both kiddos are at school, productivity does tend to increase!!