Friday, January 13, 2012

New Years in KY

We spent New Year's weekend in Ky with my family celebrating Christmas.  My Aunt called the morning of New Year's Eve and asked if we'd like to go to a Noon Year's celebration for kids at the local science museum.  There was crafts, a magic show and at noon a balloon drop.  The kids had a great time. 
First balloons dropping.  The kid with his mouth wide open is my nephew Jacob (LOL), Brayden is right in front of him. 

Brenna with all the balloons she could hold.  It sounded like a war in there with all the kids jumping on balloons and popping them. 
My niece Anna & Brenna with the giant turnips my Dad raised this year.  Some were as big as volleyballs!
My brother got my kids a remote controlled helicopter and boat.  Of course we had to take the boat for a spin. 
It was very mild while we were down, as you can see, no coats in January!!  It was in the 60's!
Long after the kids had lost interest and went to play in the pasture, my Dad and husband are still playing with the boat.....boys never really grow up!!

No comments: