Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Home Project: Roman Shades

Raise your hand if you love pinterest!  Me! Me! Me! I have gotten so much creative inspiration from that site.  It has helped me in my many sewing projects as well as home decor ideas, cooking and parenting tips.  I saw a several tutorials on pinterest about how to make a roman shade.  I decided I wanted these in our newly painted bedroom.  I had a certain fabric in mind and brought it home only to discover that it looked like total crap as a window treatment.  Thankfully it will be really great for making some throw pillows to match our new couches!  When I bought that fabric I bought another fabric that I just couldn't live without although I had no immediate plans for it (and it was half off!).  I try not to buy fabric unless I have a specific plan for it, I am not alway sucessful!   Thankfully it proved to be my window answer!  It is a beautiful fabric from Moda called "Papillon".  It is scientific drawings of butterflies and moths with coordinating plates and number lables, just like a scientific collection (totally up this biologists alley!) The brown of the butterflies matched my walls perfectly and the blue looks great with it.  Have a look at the results.  The pictures are not the best, I'm no Brook Rieman!  


Detail of the fabric.  I love it!  It is also available in ivory and white. 

Now I just need to find some old scientific drawings to frame and hang or even a butterfly collection. What kind of home projects are you tackling lately?

No comments: