Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pillow Shams (are so stinkin' easy!!)

We bought new couches back in March.  They didn't come with throw pillows and I was adamant that I was not going to buy any but make my own instead.  Well I finally got around to in on Independence Day.  I am happy with the results.  I used this fabric.  I used a great throw pillow tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew.  Can't wait to do more soon! 




Love the wave-like pattern on the fabric.  This fabric is designed by Ryan McKenna and made by Hoffman Fabrics of California.  I have discovered that I am very drawn to Ryan McKenna fabrics. 
This too is a Ryan McKenna Fabric.  I just love the wistful natural elements of the fabrics.  I have also made a shower curtain out of some of Ryan's fabric...more on that in an upcoming post. 
After doing the throw pillow shams I was ready to make a few for our bedroom!  I love how the turned out.  I think I am going to try and make at least 4 sets, one for every season.  Here's a tutorial if you are interested in doing some for yourself, very easy!!

No comments: