Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fabulous Fall Flowers!

It is so hard to believe that just over a year ago my front flower bed looked like this. 
 And now looks like this!! 


 I stuck these mums in the ground at the end of fall last year.  I had bought them at Aldi's (they have some nice plants at times but you have to get them when you see them, because they go fast!).  Since our winter here was so wimpy the mums came back beautifully.  I had to water the heck out of them during the drought and I trimmed them back about 3 times, the last time in late July.  I guess all the work paid off!!  I've never had such nice looking mums!
 I had bought the Asters (the purple flower above) last fall too.  They are normally a fall bloomer, so I was concerned when they had bloomed heavy in mid summer.  I thought, there goes a fall bloom, turns out my concern was for naught as they are blooming even better now! 
 My Rudbeckia (black-eyed susans) and Gaillardia (blanket flower) and Impatiens are all still blooming quite well too.  Thankfully the patchy frost we had yesterday didn't get any of my flowers!
This is my view from my work area/sewing/computer/office/entryway room.  Love sitting at the computer and having this view!