Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Shamin' it up! (again!)

Have you noticed that I am on a pillow sham/case kick?  Well, it's 'cause they are so easy and have such a great impact on a room.  I had lots of pillow shams to be made so now that I am in the groove I am pumping them out.  I tend to do that with my sewing, I will make a certain thing and enjoy it, and then will make several more.  It just goes faster and smoother with each successive making....a learning curve, if you will. 
 These little 12 X 16 in pillows are intended to be for my outdoor Adirondack chairs but I plan on just taking them out when I want to use them and leave them on the couch the rest of the time. 
I'd had this indoor/outdoor fabric for over a year, glad I finally cut into it!!  This is the front.
 Here is the back of the sham. 
 Pillowcase gift for one of Brenna's friends. 
Pictures don't do the colors justice.  The cuff is made from Michael Miller "Fairy Frost" material which is sparkly. 
I have been wanting to make Brayden a pillow sham to match the quilt that I made for him earlier this year. 
I am really enjoying strips right now so I made a strip sham!  I love how it turned out too!  I just use scraps from his quilt and a few other fabrics as well. 
 
Next up on my sewing agenda is a fall table runner.  Then I will start sewing for Christmas...which I have already purchased fabric for.  Several fun things planned for Christmas...stay tuned! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pillow cases, especially. They are all very pretty. I have some quilt squares that I was going to attach to a regular pillow case, but your print fabric pillow looks so cool that I might change my plans.
Miss you!
Barb

Audrey said...

Hi Jennifer, you are a girl after my own heart ~ I love making pillow cases ~ went on a kick a few years ago but this post made me want to make more!!! Maybe a trip to the fabric store is in order!!! Love that strip sham, by the way.

Allison said...

You're so awesome. Just sayin'. :)