Monday, October 15, 2012

Quilt for Christmas

 
My Aunt turned me on to this fabric &  sewing site, Connecting Threads.  I was browsing through the sale section and found this pack of 16 fat quarters (4.5 yards of material) for less than $15!)  That is about $3.33/yard which is a steal in anyone's book!  This particular fabric looked awesome for a boy quilt.  It just so happens that I am attempting to make two boy quilts for Christmas!  So of course, I snatched these right up. 
This fabric line is designed by Jeni Calo and is called "Mastermind".   


Aren't these fun, bright boy colors?! My favorite are the circuit board prints!
 
I finally found a plan for a quilt that I liked.  Something simple and yet a quilt that will showcase these great fabrics.  I picked up this book at the library and found this great quilt inside.  It was originally made as a crib size so I got to work and drafted a full/queen size, see my sketch above.  I have cut all the fabric and was only a little short on some the solid navy color that I will use to frame the squares.  Should be easy to find a replicate. 


The quilt is designed by John Q. Adams.  (Who knew our 6th president was a quilter? ;-P)  Actually the modern John Q. Adams is a quilting dad!  Check him out at quiltdad.com!
 

Here are  the piles of cut fabrics, ready to sew!  I hope to begin piecing this week! And of course, I'll show you my progress! 

1 comment:

Tessa Bonvouloir said...

What a super job you've done. I love the colors you've used. Keep up the good work!