Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Workin' my Elven Magic (Family Spoiler Alert!!)

Wew!  Hi!  I have been absent from this space most of the month. My paying job, in forestry, has been pretty busy last month and very busy this month.  I knew ahead of time that this would be the case so I planned ahead and just finished all my sewn gifts this weekend.  As usual, I have been busy this season (and even before this season) working on Christmas presents.  I have 8 nieces, two nephews and my own two children that I make homemade gifts for (usually).  This year I sorta cheated and bought gifts for all the girls, but still made a gift for the two youngest nieces as well.  I figured since I did that I could tackle some bigger projects for the two nephews.  Below are the results!  I am very happy with them.  I have made 3 quilts this year, I had only made 3 before that, one in 2002, 2004 and 2006.  So my skills are building. I made it a goal to sew as much as possible this year and I feel I accomplished that, which really improved my skillZ!! I also took a quilting class this year and that was super helpful. 

CIMG8385
I had so much fun making this one.  I posted on the beginning of this quilt here
CIMG8349
This quilt was sized by request to fit into the top bunk of a bunk bed so that it will not hang over the steps. 
CIMG8384
I was able to use the same backing on both quilts, that saved me a bundle and was handy!
CIMG8389
A needle book for my niece who is interested in sewing.  I also made a matching pin cushion, but I forgot to take a picture, and I am NOT unwrapping it now!!
CIMG8390 CIMG8391
Stuffed animal sleeping bags for my two little nieces
CIMG8364
My skinny Santa. She requested this beard.  I get the oddest requests from her sometimes!  She totally over estimates my crafting abilities most of the time.  Thankfully this one was mostly cutting!
CIMG8371

So now I just have to make a few goodies like hot fudge sauce and granola for gifts!  How is your holiday whobilation going?

No comments: