Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Quilting Obsession

I'll admit it.  I'm obsessed with quilting.  I dabbled in quilting a bit by making both my babies quilts before they were born, but after they were born, I thought, I may sew, but I just can't get into quilting.  Too involved, too much time required, too long before you are done.....blah, blah, blah.  Since moving to our current home several things have changed, first I have a space dedicated just for sewing.  No lugging the sewing machine to the dinner table!  Second, I have a spectacular independent quilt shop only 10 miles from my house.  The amount and selection of fabric they have is truly staggering.  They also offer classes, I took one class and this has sparked a flurry of quilting for me. Thirdly, both of my kids are at school now, so I have a little more time to fit in things I'm interested in!  So these things have made for a change in attitude on quilt making, I'm ready now and I'm going!  I made 3 quilts and one table runner last year.  This year I have made 1 quilt, 2 table runners and several quilted pillows.  I currently have two quilts in the works with at least 2 more to make this year!  I am loving it.   All I want to do is sew and look at pinterest for more online quilting inspiration. 

So with my head swirling with quilting I decided to enter a local, very small, quilt show. I enjoyed attending and entering, I didn't win, but I didn't expect to.  Just wanted to have fun and get some more inspiration.  Below are pics of just a few of the quilts at the show. 


CIMG8772 CIMG8791
Both of the above quilts were made by the lady in tan, Arlene Switzer.  She showed off at least 20 others...all beautiful and hand quilted.  She has made 35 quilts since beginning in 2000. 
CIMG8796
Thought my Mom would like this Civil War quilt.
CIMG8769
Although 4 of my items were in this category, my kids didn't vote for me!  They liked the S shaped table runner (I really do too!) 
CIMG8816
Sneak peak of my newest project! 

No comments: