Monday, September 16, 2013

Dresden Star, Love my Honey and Josephine's Knot quilt tops

CIMG9558
I have been quilting obsessed of late, partly to blame on the fact that I have 3 quilts to complete by Christmas and partly to blame on the fact that I am just loving this more and more with every stitch!  This is the completely pieced quilt for my Mom that I have been working on since January.  I took it to the long arm  quilter last week.  This is the first quilt I have not quilted myself, it is just too big to try to push and pull through my small machine.  I am excited to see what she comes up with!  I will post more pictures when I get the quilt back! 
CIMG9604
This is a quilt for one of my 8 nieces, she picked out the pattern (one of my favorites) Josephine's Knot and I picked the colors based upon her room colors.  All the fabrics are from Connecting Threads. 
CIMG9605
The pieced center portion. 
CIMG9609
The completed quilt top, now for sandwiching and quilting! 
CIMG9594
A baby quilt top that I slapped together from some of the super cute fabric my Aunt gave me.  The fabric is from "Love My Honey" line from Jenni Calo who designs for Connecting Threads.  She is a wonderful fabric designer, so many awesome lines! 
 
Now I just have to make the UFO (unfinished objects) into finished objects, and get them quilted and bound!  Pictures to come! 

No comments: